Updating or Replacing an Old Metal Nameplate
This month’s featured rapid prototype is a .25″ thick acrylic nameplate. Our customer was in a major bind. They had been using a .144″ thick etched and filled metal nameplates that are no longer available from the manufacturer. Marking Systems was able to come up with four cost-effective alternatives and deliver the nameplates in under two weeks.
Interested in a low-cost nameplate prototype? Our R&D Director, Razvan Datcu, would be happy to help you design a great-looking updated overlay or nameplate. Contact us at Marking Systems to get started!
Scope of Project: Replace a discontinued and expensive metal nameplate
- Material: See Versions below
- Adhesive: 3M467MP
- Printing: Screen printed: Blue, Red, Metallic Silver, and Custom Texture Clear
- Cutting: Laser
- Tolerances: +/-.01″
- Deliver: 1-2 weeks ARO
- Version #1:: .01″ Gloss/Gloss Polycarbonate
- Version #2: .06″ Gloss/Gloss Polycarbonate
- Version #3: .25″ Gloss Clear Acrylic
- Version #4: .25″ Red Gloss Acrylic (Customer’s Choice)