This month’s featured rapid prototype is a .25″ thick Acrylic Nameplate. Our customer was in a major bind. They had been using a .144″ thick etched and filled metal nameplate that as no longer available from the manufacturer. MSI was able to come up with four cost effective alternatives and deliver in under two weeks.
Interested in a low-cost prototype? Our R&D Director Razvan Datcu would be happy to help you design a great looking updated overlay.
Scope of Project: Replace a discontinued and expensive metal nameplate
- Material: See Versions below
- Adhesive: 3M467MP
- Printing: Screen printed: Blue, Red, Metallic Silver and Custom Texture Clear
- Cutting: Laser
- Tolerances: +/-.01″
- Deliver: 1-2 weeks ARO
- Version #1:: .01″ Gloss/Gloss Polycarbonate
- Version #2: .06″ Gloss/Gloss Polycarbonate
- Version #3: .25″ Gloss Clear Acrylic
- Version #4: .25″ Red Gloss Acrylic (Customer’s Choice)